Sunday, May 24, 2009

Can you say VACA?!!










It is hard to believe this month has passed so quickly. This month I had many firsts. I met my friend Katelyn for the first time, I went to my first graduation (yay Aunt Missy!), I went to a real farm for the first time, I tried solid food for the first time (or let's just say I stored it all in my cheeks and spit it all back out!), I rolled from my front side to my back side while reading my favorite book, and I went on my first VACA which brought many more firsts!

On Thursday morning, we all dressed up in our Cubbies outfits, packed up the car and off we went...to St. Louis! It turns out that not only was this my first trip to St. Louis, it was also Daddy's first trip to St. Louis. He was really excited because the Cubbies were playing the St. Louis Cardinals. Thursday night we went to my first baseball game! Unfortunately, the game didn't go as planned. The Cubbies lost 3-1 and I cried and cried every time the Cardinals scored. Daddy said that the Cards are on a winning streak and we would have to go see the Cubbies again next year in Denver, when they are sure to beat the Rockies!

Thursday night was my first night in a hotel. We stayed at the Union Station and our room had a view of the pool!! Yes, that is right, it was also my first time in the swimming pool! I didn't know what to think of that swimming pool. The water was kind of cold and it wasn't as intimate as my bathtub. However, I looked great in my swimsuit with matching hat, sunglasses and cover-up, thanks to my Grammy.

In St. Louis we also took a trip to Grant's farm where we saw all sorts of animals like elephants, goats, donkeys, llamas, camels and the famous Clydsdale horses! We got to spend lots of time with our friends Matt, Dawn, and Jack. Daddy says that Jack is also on the "approved dating list." He is pretty cute, so I am ok with that! They got me my first Cardinals shirt...they obviously did not understand how I felt about the Cardinals!

This month has been a big month for me. During this twenty-first week, Mom and Dad have noticed how much more observant I have been! I can hold my head high and like to watch everything that is going on around me. I can use my hands to take out my paci, and put it back in, usually upside down or sideways. I LOVE to read, especially books that make noise when I turn the pages. Nana and Poppy made sure to get me a bouncer so I have been bouncing, bouncing, bouncing! Oh, and my favorite toy is a plastic bag because I can kick and kick and kick it and it makes so much noise!! (don't worry, I only do this under supervised conditions) My P.A.T. teacher, Miss Mary, came this month and was very impressed with my development.

Keep checking my blog this month for new videos! Also, don't forget my picasaweb site for more pictures. (picasaweb.google.com/trenkle)

Love you all! XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet little girl,
    Your Aunt Ninny and Uncle Andy sure miss you. Not to long until you come to Colorado! We can't wait to spoil you here.
    We love you,
    Uncle Andy and Aunt Ninny

    ReplyDelete