Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Six Months Already?









Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Half Birthday Dear Annie, Happy Birthday to you!

Mommy and Daddy say that every day gets more fun, and I would have to agree! During this last month, I have become a whole new child. I was fun before, but now I am really fun! Early in the month, I learned that I could get places by rolling over. So, I roll all over the place. I especially like to be on my tummy and if we had carpet, I might be on the move! I can get those legs underneath me but keep sliding on the wood floors. That's ok because I know my Mom and Dad aren't quite ready for that...there are unplugged outlets everywhere!

This month I added vegetables as a side to my main course, oatmeal. I first tried sweet potatoes and didn't think they were that great. In fact, I gagged and spit them out just to emphasize my point. I also have tried winter squash and peas. I really like squash and after some convincing, decided that peas aren't that bad either! My friend Elliott loaned me a Cheerio...I did NOT like it! Mom says that will probably change because even Herbie likes Cheerios! Speaking of Herbie, he has been a great help with the food. He licks it off the floor if I drop it, he licks it off my hands if they are dirty and sometimes if nobody is looking he even gets my face! Oh Herbie!

My talents this month include singing to the tunes at church (the row behind us thought this was pretty funny), giggling at the silliest things (that rubber ducky is SO funny!), sitting up, jabbering non-stop, and swimming! I like going to the pool and to the splash parks at Crown Center and Loose Park. I went to my first wedding this month, went to my first block party, said my first word ("Pa Pa") and cut my first tooth on my six month birthday.

For my six month birthday, Grammy, Papa, Aunt Ninny, Uncle Andy, Aunt Missy, and Jacob threw me a huge party! Aunt Missy got me balloons, Papa decorated my birthday hat, Aunt Ninny bought me the cutest outfit (she says "SO CUTE!") and Grammy made me cupcakes! I also got to spend time with my Nana, Papa, Aunt Michelle, Uncle Jamie, and cousins at a family reunion in O'Neill, NE. It is pretty cool that Nana and I share half birthdays.

Here are my six month stats:
Weight: 14#, 12oz. (25%)
Height: 25" (25%)
Head Circumference: 43 1/2 cm (75%)
Today I got the following shots (and was NOT happy!)
Diptheria, pertussis, & tetanus (DPT)
Polio (IPV)
Hepatitis B
Hib-titer for Meningitis
Prevnar
Rotavirus
Until next time, XOXOXO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment